Iron Mtn. Video Diary

At the topYea, this was a good day for a hike. The goal for myself was to get up in 4 hours. That was barely accomplished. I didn’t take so many pictures on this one since I was rushing to get to the top. Instead, I took a series of videos on the go.

Since I was under some time constraints and ended up pushing myself more than normal, I could really feel the pain on my body. It started of minor, with some tingly sensations in my right leg. But then that soon was in my hands also. At the end, on top, I was feeling pretty terrible. Lightheaded, I wouldn’t say dizzy. I was almost there though.

This was definitely worth the second going. The path after Alison Saddle is pretty much well used now. All the yucca that stabbed me the first time and made the route almost unbearable has been cut away. The loose scree is still there though. Those steep sections are killer and a real time slower on the way down. Took us 3.5 hours just to get back to the cars.

Alright, here’s some more pictures, and then video are after the jump.

Some raysAt the clearing on the ridgeBaldy
Some treesThe lone treeThe ridge to Baldy

Update: StarTrekathon has moved to

There isn’t a video at the top or hereafter. I ran out or memory and only had 20 shots of memory available for the rest of the day.

You can check out all my pics from the day here.

Read the Meetup description here.

The register

Related posts:

Rubio Canyon Exploring
Hanakapiai Falls
Olancha Peak

Submit Article :- BlinkList + Blogmarks + Digg + +

Tags: , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 at 9:19 am and is filed under Trip Report. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Responses to “Iron Mtn. Video Diary”

v Olivier

v Olivier March 22nd, 2009 at 6:47 pm

John, your last video is amazing! the words totally reflect the movement of the camera and express your fatigue. It was both hillarious and sensitive. I am glad you did not record my swearing against the entire world while I was ascending the last 1,000 feet. Véro


Chenendez September 28th, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Tried twice. 1st was sent home from the parking lot by drizzle. 2nd was sent home from Allison/Heaton Saddle from smoke. Parking lot is always packed. Even at 4:00 am.

SocalHikes Hiker

SocalHikes Hiker September 28th, 2009 at 7:53 pm

man, that’s tough luck. it’s tough enough waking up and preparing for it, but to have to turn around twice, that’s terrible. When are you going to try it again?

Leave a Reply